To ensure fair and organized examination processes, UEW has a set of rules and regulations in place for all candidates (Students).
These guidelines must be strictly followed to maintain the integrity of the examinations.
Failure to comply may result in penalties or even the cancellation of their examination paper.
- A student who does not take continuous assessment does not qualify to take end-of- semester/session examination.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to find the examination room well in advance and to be seated at least fifteen (15) minutes before the commencement of any examination paper.
- Students shall write their names on the question paper unless otherwise stated in the rubrics.
- Candidates are required to use their Index numbers (written in full) throughout the examination.
- Under no circumstances must a candidate’s name be written on any part of the answer booklets provided. Candidates who fail to comply with this regulation shall be penalized.
- A candidate arriving late may be refused entry to the examination hall/room. Normally no candidate will be allowed to leave the examination room during the first half-hour of the period allowed for a paper or enter the examination room after the half-hour. Any exception to this rule must be reported in writing to the relevant Head of Department.
- Any candidate leaving the examination room and intending to return must be accompanied while outside the examination room by an attendant.
- Candidates may be required at any time to establish their identity.
- No books, bags, prepared notes, or papers of any kind are to be taken into the examination room unless otherwise specified.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination room.
- There should be no communication whatsoever (verbal or non-verbal) between candidates during the examination. A candidate may attract the attention of the invigilator by raising a hand.
- Any irregular conduct on the part of a candidate such as copying from another student or from prepared notes may result in the cancellation of his/her examination paper and/or a more severe penalty.
All candidates need to familiarize themselves with these rules and regulations to ensure a smooth and fair examination process.