The Electoral Commission wishes to inform the general public that as part of its preparations towards the conduct of the 2024 Presidential and Parliamentary Elections, it is receiving applications from interested persons for the positions of Returning Officers and Deputy Returning Officers.
The Returning Officer or Deputy Returning Officer will double as Registration Supervisor, Deputy Registration Supervisor, Exhibition Supervisor and Deputy Exhibition Supervisor.
SEE ALSO: Vacancy: Administrative Secretary Position at the Presbyterian Church of Ghana | APPLY NOW|
Electoral Commission’s Email Address
All applications are to be addressed to the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission via the under-listed email addresses.
|Greater Accra Region
|Western North Region
|North East Region
|Bono East Region
|Upper East Region
|Upper West Region
Applicants should indicate the position they are applying for as well as the Region, District and Constituency in which they wish to work.
Applicants are to email their application letters and CVs to the appropriate email addresses, depending on the region/ constituency they choose to work in.
- The minimum academic qualification for Returning Officer and Deputy Returning Officer is a First Degree in any field of study.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- An appreciable knowledge in elections and the terrain in which the applicant wishes to work will be an advantage.
- Besides the academic qualifications, applicants are expected to demonstrate the following technical and personal competences;
|1. Computer proficiency
2. Quantitative and analytical skills
3. A good working experience in collating: data, figures, etc
|1. Ability to work under pressure.
2. High level of honesty and integrity.
3. Good team player
4. Political neutrality
5. A good knowledge of the terrain where the applicant wishes to work
6. Physical and mental alertness
7. Firm and fair in character
Duration of Engagement
Successful applicants will be engaged for all the three (3) major activities of the Electoral Commission scheduled for 2024; namely the;
- Voter Registration Exercise
- Exhibition of Voters Register and
- General Election.
SEE ALSO: How To Link Ghana Card To CAGD System
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, 16th February, 2024.